Today, new technologies and business practices are evolving at a rapid pace. As a result, employers are looking for ways to enhance the skills of current employees in order to increase productivity and growth. PolymerOhio can help you develop and implement training programs for current employees who need new or upgraded skills.
Available Training Courses from The University of Akron APTS
The University of Akron’s College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering is an important partner of PolymerOhio. Their Akron Polymer Technical Services (APTS) division offers valuable training courses to workers in the polymer industry.
We are happy to include here a current list of the upcoming training courses from APTS.
- Thermoplastic Materials Engineering: Synthesis, Testing, Selection, and End Use Specification – 2 Day Course
- ASTM Corrosion Testing: Application and Use of Salt Fog, Humidity, Cyclic and Gas Tests - 2 Day Course
- Science and Technology of Fluoropolymers - 1 Day Course
- Polyurethane Elastomers: Chemistry, Applications and Formulations - 1 Day Course
- Rubber and Plastics Failure Analysis: Physical and Chemical Analysis Techniques - 1 Day Course
- Color Theory and Applications - 2 1/2 Day Course
- Systematic Innovation for Six Sigma Black Belts and Lean Masters: An Introduction - 2 Day Course
- Blown Film Extrusion - 2 Day Course
- Elastomer Molding Technology - 2 Day Course
- Polymer Compounding, Formulating, and Testing of Plastics, Rubber, Adhesives, and Coatings - 3 Day Course
We also partner with many of the career centers, technical schools, community colleges and universities in Ohio to develop other training options that are customized to the needs of your workforce. Contact us for more information on implementing a training program at your organization.